Saturday, August 10, 2013

Adjournment


Throughout my life there have been many teams I have been a part of some easier to part with and others not. In my younger years, I would audition for our community theater musicals (I was a dancer not a singer!). The process of auditioning, being chosen and working together for the performance was the team’s goal. The director had a lot to do with how the team gelled; we worked closely together having our own parts that depended on the whole for the show. It was very difficult to adjourn after closing night, we weren’t sure if we would see the same people in the next performance and we typically ended with a cast party. These teams were so successful and we felt such a rush of adrenalin after each performance and a great feeling of success. I have really connected with people in these online courses, not all personally but I value everything people bring to my learning. I would love to have casual conversations with my colleagues that don’t require citing resources and learning about their work and direction after our classes. I think all of us will be somewhat relieved to adjourn, but for over a year I’ve checked my computer and will miss sharing the intellectual insights about our field. I think all experiences needs closure whether it is in sadness or celebration, but reflecting on the relationships and lessons learned.

5 comments:

  1. great post!!! I agree, once individuals have work together for a period of time, trust is built; therefore, when the goal is accomplished and the task has been achieved, it may be difficult to adjourn. I have also enjoyed the time that we have all spent together while reaching our goal; however, as we are getting closer and closer to finishing the program, I will be at great ease to adjourn because I know we will be competent and determined to make a difference and to be a difference in hopes to improve this world for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,
    It is great to see another performer in the class. I am not a good dancer but I am a singer. I understand completely, my performance group in high school was somewhat difficult to leave, so believe me I understand. After completing this program it will be bitter sweet to adjourn but I know that the information and lessons learned will make us better professionals and individuals. Thanks for sharing and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina
    I do agree that conversing with colleagues without citing a source would be nice. LOL! I do find that when relationships are created within the groups it is hared to adjourn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina,
    I agree that it will be strange not to have the connections with these colleagues once we are finished. I have come to value the interactions we have and really value the insights of our classmates. I hope that we will continue to be colleagues even once we leave Walden, I am sure we could all use the support in whatever we choose to pursue!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina,
    Thanks so much for sharing such insightful posts. I feel as if I have learned a little from all of my classmates and it has been nice to see how much we all have grown over these past several weeks. I wish you all the best in future endeavors and remember graduation time is just around the corner and let's make a difference one child and family at a time. Thanks again!!

    Sha'Keema

    ReplyDelete