Saturday, January 12, 2013

Expanding Resources & Professional Contact

Expanding Resources:
I chose The Global Fund for Children because of their focus on grassroots programs. I also found some great book resources for my program of children's books, where some of the proceeds support The Global Fund. This organization strives for sustainability, through their Scout, Support and Strengthen strategy. They Scout developing areas that serve the most disenfranchised children, then they support local leaders to implement programs that will work under their specific circumstances and thirdly they support the leaders and community to network and become sustainable in their efforts.

Personally because of my environmental background, to create something that is sustainable is to truly make a difference. This new found website will be an amazing tool to gain perspectives and take me out of my comfort zone. When I hear of human trafficking where children are essentially in slavery, my heart breaks and I am very uncomfortable. But avoiding those issues does nothing in the way of making a difference and that is my mission in personal and professional life.

Professional Contact:
Establishing professional contacts has not been as easy as I hoped, but I love this connection and will continue working on making it happen. The list of contacts provided in the course work have come back as undeliverable, except the International Step by Step contacts. Unfortunately non of them have responded. I have a coworker from New Zealand, she gave me some contacts but unfortunately they are on summer holiday. I just realized that I have been communicating with a early childhood professional some time ago through my favorite website Children & Nature Network, I have just contacted her in Scotland and am looking forward to asking questions and creating a dialog about issues and trends. I also know a preschool teacher in my community from Bulgaria, this contact just popped into my head as I've been brain storming, better late than never.

5 comments:

  1. Christina,
    Did you have any troubles with contact the professionals on the pages given to us by our professor?
    On another note, I enjoyed your blog, slavery is still very much apart of us and its very sad to know that it occurs to children as well. I hope soon everyone will understand why a stand against such practices must be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia,
      I did have trouble with professional contacts, I have it in my other blog post "Establishing Professional Contacts". I have reverted to everyone I know personally who might have a contact, and from blogs I have followed through the years. Once we establish this connection it will be very interesting. Thank you for your response.

      Delete
  2. Christina,

    I am excited to read more about this organization in the coming weeks. I opted for a different website (Zero to Three), but I am interested in what you will learn and share. I think it's great that you have a passion for speaking up for human trafficking. Keep up the great advocacy work!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina,

    You have selected a great and touchy topic on human trafficking where children are in slavery. I believe would also be very insightful. I look forward to knowledge and information you would share in future post and discussion. All the best.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina,
    I am also interested in the Global Fund for Children website! Anything to alleviate the suffering of children, anywhere around the world, is one of my many interests. I hope forward to seeing what you come up with. Happy researching!

    ReplyDelete